Hi. Thanks for stopping by to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures in flipping. In case you missed it, here’s last week adventure. And as always, please feel free to reach out to me for design services.
This week the sub-contractors made significant progress. See the red & blue PEX? Very exciting! The remaining ductwork was removed & a new furnace was “installed”.
In the process of removing the old furnaces (yes there were two) we discovered that the there were CMU block open to the dirt underneath …. Why you ask? No idea. The furnace that was on top of this was, not shockingly, so rusted we could barely put it on a dolly to move it. Both my carpenter & I made quick work of filling in a bunch of holes in the slab this week with concrete. I learned that if the hole in which you are putting concrete into is already filled with water, you need significantly less water to make it concrete. LOL.
Spring also gave me several gifts this week including unopened package of panty hose, flip flops, one high heeled shoe, change, and my husband’s favorite legos.
Prior to the carpenter getting to work, I worked on painting the steel columns with Rustoleum. This paint color was a good less on how paint color changes as it dries. I was a little concerned when it came out the can as magenta. But it thankfully dried a beautiful brick color. It’s too bad these guys will be buried in a wall when this is all done. They look so much better.
Later in the week I worked on smashy smashy. I first was trying to neatly take off the bottom row of tile so I could pull out the bathtub to replace it. The row above kept chipping unfortunately so all out it came. I even enlisted the help of an awesome teenager to remove the ceiling. Something about being too short to safely smash above my head.
My friend & the same teenage son above helped me move the giant pile of dirt outside using buckets while I shoveled. With the help of 2 other people, we thankfully made quick work of what would have probably taken me at 5 hours worth of work to do by myself.
And last but not least ….. WALLS!!!
After a bit of a delay, my carpenter is finally putting up the walls my subs need to finish their work. I’ve very excited to see the layout I came up with becoming a reality. This is where the spaces start to feel real.
Accomplishments this week:
- Rough plumbing is almost 100% complete
- Finished putting up the Vapor barrier on all the foundation walls & under the locations for the framing
- Rough framing is about 60% complete
- Rotting framing removed
- Bathroom tile & backerboard removed
- Giant mud/dirt pile removed
- Shower fixture ordered
- Random holes in slab filled in with concrete
- Sanded more walls upstairs
Whew that was a lot
More exciting things to come next week. See you then.