Hi. Thanks for stopping by to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures in flipping. In case you missed it, here’s last week adventure. And as always, please feel free to reach out to me for design services.
Sorry for the delay in posting this but the last two weeks my computer time has been consumed by taxes …. taxes … & more taxes. Isn’t doing your own taxes fun? NOT!
Week 3 & 4 were filled with exciting demolition:
And my plumber got to work. Look no more crazy PVC elbow city:
Also during the last few weeks I’ve been doing some domestic archeology:
The alcohol was found in hidden in the ductwork. The sign was buried in the bushes in the backyard. I’m hoping the last one is Spring trying to tell me she appreciates the work I’m doing (“A Glimmer Of Hope”).
Lastly, I worked on starting to sand the upstairs walls in prep for paint. Normally I wouldn’t bother with doing a 60 or 80 grit sanding on an already painted home but with Spring being empty with no heat & completely open to the environment in places in the basement, I wanted to make sure I got all the bubbles out of the paint before I painted. A lower grit paper will make quick work of anything it finds (as evidenced by the picture below). My Ryobi & I go a long way back. I have a special fondness for my orbital sander because it was the first tool I bought for myself (and not just borrowed from other people). My husband didn’t see the use in buying one … so I just bought one anyway. Boy was he wrong. My sander & I have removed many walls of wallpaper together since then. Normally, a good installation of wallpaper will require more then just an orbital sander. Usually there’s a pretty extensive process to remove it, if it’s done right. However, the key is if the wallpaper has been applied properly. This was not the case at Spring. It was cheap stick-on wallpaper bought at some major box store most likely. The one down side to my sander is that I can’t get the filter bags to stay on it anymore (they just fly right off). Because of that, I have to wear a filter mask, protective glasses, & I get to do lots of sweeping afterwards. But that doesn’t really matter. As you can see, it works just fine at sanding.
Add my grandmother’s funeral, holy week & taxes into the mix and it’s been a pretty busy couple of weeks.
Accomplishments these weeks:
- Removed all major ductwork
- Removed all copper piping
- Removed all gas piping
- Ordered lighting
- Broke my father-in-laws $19 saws-all (oh wait that’s not an accomplishment)
- Had Masssave come in & give me a quote (can only get the attic insulation & free light bulbs)
- Started sanding the upstairs walls
- Plumber started the drains for the fixtures
- Walked 9.5 miles pushing two kids on Good Friday
- Finished my Taxes
More exciting things to come next week. See you then.